Obama has upset a large number of his supporters by bringing into his cabinet a number of ‘old guard’ politicians and advisors who provide very strong representation for the dark side of Wall Street. Those would include:
- Robert Gates, who has endorsed and participated in every dark intelligence operation of the two Bush presidencies, and their cover-ups (1);
- Hillary Clinton, who connected with the dark side of Wall Street covert operations with her early career representations in protecting CIA accounts in conjunction with the Resolution Trust Corporation (2), the Arkansas Development Finance Corporation (3) and legal blocking for Jackson Steven’s Systematics, which was a major supplier of software for NSA’s banking back office clearing and wire transfers. (4)
- Timothy Geithner, a protégé and participant in the Goldman-Sachs cabal that helped facilitate the September 11 attacks (5)
- Lawrence Summers, another protégé of the Goldman Sachs’ Rubin-Friedman cabal that guided Clinton into supporting the rape of Russia, and set up the United States for a dose of the same. (6)
Elaboration of their dark side credentials is documented elsewhere (see footnotes). Americans have a need to understand why Obama has campaigned on the promise of “change you can believe in”, and then threatened his credibility by employing permanent fixtures from Wall Street’s agents of corporate greed cleverly rebranded as national security.
The lessons of three past presidencies are critical: Franklin Roosevelt, Kennedy and Carter. All three represented populist constituencies, not unlike Obama. Roosevelt was able to deliver the New Deal, only after being fortuitous in aborting the right wing coup of the Wall Street Liberty League. After exposing the plot, he struck a deal which allowed the Liberty Leaguers to remain ‘free’ in exchange for their support of the New Deal. That was a ‘win’ for his populist constituency. Kennedy, as the records now reveal, railed against the Wall Street interests and their use of the CIA/OSS. Using his brother as Attorney General, he went toe-to-toe with the dark side and was assassinated without hesitation. Carter in his own style of Christian Democracy attempted to clean up the corruption in CIA, and with Stanfield Turner, expunged about 800 of the dark side agents. By letting them run free, he sowed the seeds for his own destruction. They sabotaged his peace efforts in the middle east and illegally funded the first “October Surprise,” bringing a premature end to his presidency.
Obama – if he wants to accomplish anything for the American public –needs to keep his friends close and his enemies closer. He needs to keep these agents of the dark side under some semblance of control and make some tradeoffs until he can establish a power base other than popularity based on being a nice guy. That will take a few years. In a world of choices, his picks have all been ‘lesser evils’ and allow him to keep the dark side under his chain of command. For that, he deserves our continued respect and support. If he had taken them on directly, or cast them out of power altogether, his fate would have been similar to Kennedy’s. The public, however, needs to remind him this deal with the devil should only be temporary, and he needs to find the path that will allow him put this cancerous dark side into remission for a long, long time.
1. Collateral Damage: U.S. Covert Operations and the Terrorist Attacks on September 11, 2001, E.P. Heidner, March 2008, pp14-16.
2. What is Whitewater Really All About Sherman H. Skolnick, Conspiracy Nation,Vol. 5 Num. 10
3. See the interview with the former marketing director of the Arkansas Development and Finance Authority, and former associate of Bill Clinton, Larry Nichols. (Transcript of the Larry Nichols Interview, which took place on the May 5, 1994 "America's Town Forum" radio show, hosted by Tom Donahue.)
4. The White House "BIG BROTHER" Database, and How Jackson Stephens Precipitated a Banking Crisis, J. Orlin Grabbe
5. Collateral Damage (Part 2): The Subprime Crisis and the Terrorist Attacks on September 11, 2001, E.P. Heidner, December 2008, pp16-17.